Please see our current job vacancies below:
APPRENTICESHIP: Administration Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Company EFL Trust
Location EFL House, Preston
Type of Apprenticeship Business Admin level 3 Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity to join the largest football charity in England & Wales.
The successful candidate will be I.T. literate having particular knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Will be a confident communicator who’s not afraid to ask questions and be comfortable liaising with people at all levels.
The role will support functions across the Central Team by providing an administrative support service to the secretary, finance, marketing, data management, Human Resources and contracts departments.
The role will be extremely diverse and you will enjoy a certain amount of autonomy within a supportive environment.
The role is based in a purpose built modern office in Preston City centre with on-site parking and excellent staff welfare facilities.
• Taking and routing calls from the public and supporting the customer service helpline.
• Supporting with the organisation of competitions and events, sending out medals and trophies.
• Collating and recording data for competitions and projects.
• Provide general administrative support for the office, including arranging conference calls, keeping contact spread sheets up to date, photocopying, filing & post.
• Occasional off site visits to support various events.
• Supporting contract administration, collating and recording contract returns.
• Co-ordinate the collection and distribution of data from the 72 football club charities, including, player visits, contacts and job vacancies.
• Any other administrative duty commensurate with the role.
Wage £4.20 per Hour
Working hours per week 35 Hours per Week to include day release to attend Preston College.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be well organised and able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Be a good time keeper with a strong work ethic.
• Have strong communication skills and a good telephone manner
• Have proven numerical and written skills
• Have strong IT Skills particularly Microsoft Office programmes, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Have a methodical manner
• Be willing to adapt and respond to the changing and varied needs of the business.
• Outgoing and confident
• A team player
Personal Qualities Required
• The candidate will need to able to work in an open plan office environment and have a level of confidence to work across a range of disciplines and personalities.
• Dress is smart casual, not jeans but not power suits.
• Potential to attend events where a smart appearance will be required.
• Competent communicator and competent with IT, qualification in those areas would be desirable but not essential.
• English and Maths qualified.
• A good general knowledge of EFL and its 72 Clubs.
Future Prospects in the following areas.
Office administration, Marketing, Finance, HR and Governance.
Post Title: NCS Programme Manager (National Pilot Programme)
Role Status: Full time (35 hours), Monday to Friday. Fixed term 6 month contract with potential to extend.
Organisational Base: Home Based – regular national travel is a feature of this role and will involve occasional evening and weekend working, including some overnight stays.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate must have the following:
- a full UK driving license and access to a vehicle.
- a suitable home office with broadband access
Reporting To: Operations Manager (Community Engagement)
Salary: £30,000 to £37,000
Formed in 1888 by its twelve founder members, the English Football League is the world’s original league football competition and is the template for leagues the world over. With 72 member clubs, it is also the largest single body of professional clubs in European football and is responsible for administering and regulating the Sky Bet EFL, Carabao Cup and Checkatrade Trophy, as well as reserve and youth football.
EFL Trust oversees the inspiring work of the 72 EFL clubs’ community organisations, which engages with more than 1.5million people every season. The key themes of the EFL Trust are Sport, Education, Health and Community Engagement.
The EFL Trust is the charitable arm of The EFL, and is responsible for the contract delivery of the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme managed by The NCS Trust. The NCS is a government funded national programme for 16 and 17 year olds designed to help young people on their transition to adulthood and the roles they can play in their community.
In addition to having a prime contract for delivery of the NCS Programme in Yorkshire and Humber, EFL Trust hold 7 regional sub-contracts with 6 prime contractors across England and a Pilot Project with the NCS Trust managing delivery providers across various regions in England.
This is an opportunity for a project manager with NCS experience to steer and influence the success of the NCS National Pilot Programme. The successful candidate will be a member of an effective and supportive team in an organisation which is ambitious for growth and development.
Immediate start available. Further opportunities are likely if the pilot programme is successful.
- Generous Company Pension Scheme, with an EFL Trust contribution of 10% of basic salary.
- Opt-in private healthcare.
- 23 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), rising to 25 days after 5 years. Holiday year commences 1st January. (Holiday purchase scheme in operation).
To apply please request an Application Form and Information Pack from Jessica Dexter, HR & Payroll Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 10am on 11th June 2018
Interview Date(s): 20th June 2018 – (EFL House, 10 – 12 West Cliff, Preston, PR1 8HU)