Changing Room is a 12 week course specifically for people who face significant barriers to finding employment.
The course looks after the body and mind combining both developing employability skills and improving health and wellbeing.
Employability is developed by teaching key skills such as team building, interpersonal skills, CV writing and money management. The health and wellbeing element of the programme combines 2 hours of physical health activity and 2-4 hours of mental health support.
The Changing Room programme will run for 12 weeks. During this time, participants will complete the following core elements:
Health and Well-being
- Complete a 12 week Health and Wellbeing programme
- Complete a locally devised mental health and physical activity programme for 2 – 4 hours per week
Core Employability Offer
- Complete a 21 hour money management programme of study. Those who wish can receive a qualification with Skills First Awards
- Undertake an employability and interpersonal skills development programme covering team building, communication skills, behaviours and attitudes for work, CV writing and covering letters
- Mentoring session / café conversations signposting participants to health and wellbeing services as well as other physical activity sessions taking place within the local area. Drop in sessions will be available to participants for 8 weeks after the formal conclusion of the programme
Eligibility Criteria: Participants must be…
- In receipt of Universal Credit or other legacy benefit
- Referred from DWP