Company EFL Trust
Location EFL House, Preston
Type of Apprenticeship Business Admin level 3 Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity to join the largest football charity in England & Wales.
The successful candidate will be I.T. literate having particular knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Will be a confident communicator who’s not afraid to ask questions and be comfortable liaising with people at all levels.
The role will support functions across the Central Team by providing an administrative support service to the secretary, finance, marketing, data management, Human Resources and contracts departments.
The role will be extremely diverse and you will enjoy a certain amount of autonomy within a supportive environment.
The role is based in a purpose built modern office in Preston City centre with on-site parking and excellent staff welfare facilities.
• Taking and routing calls from the public and supporting the customer service helpline.
• Supporting with the organisation of competitions and events, sending out medals and trophies.
• Collating and recording data for competitions and projects.
• Provide general administrative support for the office, including arranging conference calls, keeping contact spread sheets up to date, photocopying, filing & post.
• Occasional off site visits to support various events.
• Supporting contract administration, collating and recording contract returns.
• Co-ordinate the collection and distribution of data from the 72 football club charities, including, player visits, contacts and job vacancies.
• Any other administrative duty commensurate with the role.
Wage £4.20 per Hour
Working hours per week 35 Hours per Week to include day release to attend Preston College.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be well organised and able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Be a good time keeper with a strong work ethic.
• Have strong communication skills and a good telephone manner
• Have proven numerical and written skills
• Have strong IT Skills particularly Microsoft Office programmes, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Have a methodical manner
• Be willing to adapt and respond to the changing and varied needs of the business.
• Outgoing and confident
• A team player
Personal Qualities Required
• The candidate will need to able to work in an open plan office environment and have a level of confidence to work across a range of disciplines and personalities.
• Dress is smart casual, not jeans but not power suits.
• Potential to attend events where a smart appearance will be required.
• Competent communicator and competent with IT, qualification in those areas would be desirable but not essential.
• English and Maths qualified.
• A good general knowledge of EFL and its 72 Clubs.
Future Prospects in the following areas.
Office administration, Marketing, Finance, HR and Governance.