Job Title: National Citizen Service (NCS) Coordinator (Project Manager)
Organisational Base: The position is home based and will involve regular travel in the areas identified. The position will involve occasional evening and weekend working with regional travel, including some overnight stays.
Contracting Region: Burton, Stoke, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Milton Keynes & Peterborough.
Reporting to: NCS Programme Manager (Sub-contract Regions)
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 (salary evaluation process pending)
Formed in 1888 by its twelve founder members, the English Football League is the world’s original league football competition and is the template for leagues the world over. With 72 member clubs, it is also the largest single body of professional clubs in European football and is responsible for administering and regulating the Sky Bet EFL, EFL Cup and EFL Trophy, as well as reserve and youth football.
The EFL Trust is the charitable arm of The EFL and oversees the inspiring work of the 72 EFL clubs community organisations, which engages with more than 1.5million people every season. The key themes of the EFL Trust are Sport, Education, Health and Community Engagement.
The EFL Trust is 1 of 10 Prime Contractors in 19 regions across England responsible for the contract delivery of the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme. NCS is a government funded national programme managed by The NCS Trust specifically designed to help 16 and 17 year old young people on their transition to adulthood and the roles they can play in their community.
As well as a prime contractor in the Yorkshire & Humber region, EFL Trust manages sub-contracts to deliver the services across the region. The role of Co-ordinator will work closely with selected sub-contractors to ensure that the scope and direction of each programme is on schedule as well as offer support and guidance to the delivery providers.
As well as being a Prime Contractor in the Yorkshire & Humber region, EFL Trust also manage the delivery of the NCS programme in sub-contracted regions; this role will work with delivery providers in 2 of the sub-contracting regions, West Midlands and East Anglia, specifically in the locations of Burton on Trent, Stoke, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Milton Keynes and Peterborough.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To manage and support the successful delivery of the EFL Trust NCS Programme in the sub-contract regions through working in close collaboration with Local Delivery Partners (LDPs); and to manage a successful relationship with the Prime Contract Holder.
MAIN ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To monitor the performance of LDPs to ensure actions are in place to ensure delivery is in line with the specification and that milestones and contractual targets are achieved.
- To undertake regular communications and face-to-face meetings with LDPs to discuss their performance progress including setting and monitoring plans for recruitment and delivery, and identifying potential issues which may impact upon the successful achievement of contracted performance levels.
- The collation and assessment of information on recruitment and sign up numbers, including the use of Management Information and other indicators to regularly review performance against contractual targets and plans.
- To provide ongoing support and guidance to LDPs in all aspects of NCS delivery and provide support with stakeholder meetings (schools/colleges) and the delivery of NCS recruitment as required.
- To conduct quality assurance visits, utilising knowledge and understanding of the programme requirements to challenge and support delivery and inform future delivery.
- To provide support through networking meetings and training, enabling LDP’s to share good practice.
- To assist with the development of central communication tools, which support all aspects of the programme focusing on recruitment, delivery and graduate engagement.
- As required, work with the Youth Engagement Officer support the involvement of young people to ensure they are consulted and involved at all stages of the programme.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Prime Contractors; support requests for information, attend meetings and be a positive representative for the EFL Trust
- To create, maintain and develop local partnership opportunities throughout delivery regions.
- To undertake any other duties and/or assistance as required by the line manager.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of managing the performance of a Contractor delivering a similar community or youth based programme.
- The ability to monitor performance through data analysis, investigative questioning, and the development of strategies to enhance performance.
- Practical experience of managing information operating systems and the ability to interrogate data from a CRM system.
- Experience of monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance frameworks and the practical application of such frameworks.
- The ability to understand contract requirements and communicate principles to contract holders.
- A proven track record of managing relationships and partnerships and the ability to
- A proven ability to work to under pressure to tight deadlines.
- A commitment to supporting young people, and the principles of equality and diversity
- Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Proven planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
The successful candidate will reside in a convenient location to access the contract region and hold a full driver licence. This is a home based role and will require the candidate to have a suitably equipped home office with broadband access.
- A knowledge and understanding of the NCS programme.
- Relevant degree or Project Management qualification.
- Understanding of post 16 education and/or the education sector.
- Experience of working with Microsoft packages particularly Excel
- An understanding of the issues faced by young people.
Should you be interested in applying for the position, a covering letter and CV must be emailed to email@example.com.
Please note that closing date for applications is 9am, 23rd October 2017.